Uganda

Uganda
Lwazi Orphanage in Mityana

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why I'm Blogging

Let's face it. I'm middle-aged, starting menopause; what can I offer that anyone would want to read? Well, apparently, a whole life's worth of lessons - some good and some not. I'm going through a Christian Mentoring class based on Titus 2 called "Grow with Me". I'm finding out I have a lot to offer a younger woman - things I've learned, someone that will listen to them and that they can trust - basically a friend who just may know what they're going through. I've titled my blog page "In the Desert" because when someone is going through a trial, they feel as if they are all alone, dry, without hope. Oh, but the desert is a wonderful place full of beauty and life. I have grown more in these desert trials than I have ever in life's bounty. God brings us to the desert so we can fully trust in Him alone. One of my favorite verses is Proverbs 3: 5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall make straight your path.





I hope that you may find encouragement in my future blogs. May we laugh and cry together!


~your sister in Christ, patti kerr





Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment